Monday, January 23, 2006

2006 The Year of Adventure Race


Keith Noyes just announced the Seyonasia's adventure races in 2006. There will be a 24hrs race in near Hangzhou, China in May. Teams of 2, lots of mountain biking. Then the India Himalaya Exploration will be back on October, teams of 4, 2 days stage race. There will also be a race in Chiang Mai in December, race format undecided as yet. I took part in the AXN Challenge 2004 which Keith designed the urban adventure race which ran from Tai Po to TST. It was thoroughly enjoyable despite having cramps all the way from Shatin to TST. Then I saw pictures of the India race in 2005, the race seem absolutely wonderful, running around the foothill of himalaya, lust green valley and ancient temples. There were some really funny tasks like picking fruits and carrying the local back breaking baskets. I am already down for Action Asia Taiwan but I wish to do as many more races as I can this year, only if I can find the partners for it. So if you happen to be looking for a partner for some challenges this year, please give me a buzz! Hopefull 2006 will be my year of adventure races (pictures shown are the India race of 2005)

No comments: