Tuesday, January 17, 2006

h4ppy.com - Christian's life and travels: Why I love travelling

My old Capital One colleague Christian is on the road at the moment, visiting Vietnam. I did a similar journey about 6-7 year ago when I grauduated, so reading his travelog brings back sweet memory. His short entry on 'Why I Love to Travel' deserved sharing with more people.

The wind in my hair, the sun on my face, the scent of paddy-field mud filling my nose, the buzz of the motorbike motor playing a waking lullaby in my ears. The excitement of exploration. A general sense of well being fills me - right now, all is well with the world.

Sometime the smell of a place I've visited would keep lingering in my nostril long after the journey. Like the smell of wild herbs in my solo walk in Turkey, the smell of firewood in Cheo, the Indian village I stayed for 2 months.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love travelling, i can do it for the rest of my life if i can, but i just hate it if i have to travel alone.

Gabs Lau said...

It is fun to travel alone as long as it is not all the time. You get to know many more local people, even get to walk into their home.

Gabs Lau said...

Yeah, feeling of lonliness creeps in when you are traveling on your own but then when you realise life is also you alone facing the world then you will realise the journey is just life in some supersonic speed... oh I am so deep...hehe

Christian said...

Hi guys.

Gabs - thanks for linking this post of mine from your blog. I've added a link to your site from mine too.

Ahdont - thanks for your comments on my blog too. I'm afraid I don't have much time for postcards, though - too busy travelling and blogging :)